Friday, November 23, 2007

Change

You can stop laughing at the picture now:) This is me and Jimmy 7 years ago this mth. cute huh? Not really, I think this picture is so funny and I wanted to share it with you because I was thinking about how much has changed in our lives besides looks since this picture was taken. All for the better. This Thanksgiving was sort of a struggle for me but I was reflecting on how I am so thankful for so many things that have happened in the last 7 years. I cant go into much detail about why I struggled with Thanksgiving this year(except Jimmy was sick and couldn't go:( but it is just weird how much your life changes once you accept Christ. It is the best thing that ever happens but also some disappointing times too when some people just don't understand where you come from. I know most of you know what I am talking about. I'm glad God has given me the life that I have now and he has also given me the ability to let go when a friend or family member just doesn't get it. Just thought I would share with you that I am thankful for what I do have and that God knows when people are not going to get you and puts people in your life to replace that void. The friends I have now are like family to me and are some of the best friends I have ever had. I have the most amazing husband that loves me unconditionally and I am also thankful that I have a great Mom and little brother that love me the way I am now. Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! Now its time for Christmas, the greatest season of all. I love it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean?! I LOVE that picture of you!

--Your hubby

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome picture of you! What is so funny is that Jimmy has not changed at all. I am so excited it is Christmas time too. "Christmas in Dixie...."

:)

Anonymous said...

Love it! You look so young! Jimmy looks the same though...hmmm....
I'm so sorry you didn't have a good Thanksgiving. At least throughout it, you can still recognize all you're thankful for. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you think you've changed?? You should see mine and Keith's from like 18 years ago!! Hope you're doing well and just wanted to drop you a note to let you know I check in here often.
Love ya,
kim

Anonymous said...

I love that picture! What are you talking about. Isn't it great to see yourselves 7 years ago and reminisce on how good God has been through all of those ups and downs?! I love reading your blogs and seeing your progress as you proceed into those waiting arms of Christ Jesus. He is the reason we keep on keeping on. Love you!
Heidi (in Seattle)