We spent most of our time out at the pool, ocean front, doing nothing, which was our goal. We ate at some great restaurants because that's what we like to do and we went to Savannah for the day to eat at Paula Deens famous Lady and Sons. I cant even describe how great the food is there. Its just home cookin, but it is the BEST! The service there is spot on. They really take pride in working there. It was all a great experience. What made it even better was when we went into the gift shop and Jamie, Paula Deen's son was there! How cool is that! We got our picture made with him like dorks and talked to him for a minute. The only thing that could have made it better is if Paula Deen herself would have been there. We walked along river walk and went into the huge candy store where we watched the guy make taffy from start to finish and then ate a piece fresh off the line..yum. It took me back to when Rheagan and I went to Savannah for our girls trip, so fun. Other than that, honestly there is not much else to tell. We just had a relaxing vacation at the beach. I did get more exercise than ever from swimming, bike riding, riding the jet skies which we decided is out from now on. It was not an enjoyable experience this time. Salt water was going in our eyes, ears and mouth. We ended up going in early because we were not having a good time..lol. Oh and because I don't enjoy elevators, I hiked up 10 flights of stairs most of the time. I know I'm crazy but It actually felt good to work my legs and thighs. Here are some pictures from the week.
Me and Jimmy, our first day at the beach
This is at The Sea Shack, a restaurant made famous by Rachel Ray. This is our funny picture because we stood in line for 45 minutes to eat here and these ladies actually live 20 min up the road from our house. We talked to them the whole time. Isn't the lady in the middle so cute. she was laughing and she is 80 by the way. Couldn't believe that.Me and Jimmy eating outside at The Salty Dog Cafe
Me and Jimmy in Savannah with Jamie (Paula Deens son) for those of you that don't watch theFood Network channel. He is TALL
Me and Jimmy walking on the beach on our last night :(
7 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I would love to go to Paula Deen's restaurant! I'm jealous!! BTW, are you going to the reunion? I just decided I'm not gonna worry about getting tickets in advance...I'll just wait and see if I feel like going as the time gets closer and pay the extra $20 bucks or whatever. Let me know.
Ah, you guys are so cute! When we stayed at the Marriot in Aruba they had the same intern program and it is so neat to meet people from all over Gods World.
Paulas son is so not what I expected.He's a cutie! Glad you both got to get away and enjoy one anothers company for the week. I know thats your love language. Hopefully Ill be an aunt Ray Ray soon ;)
Love you both so much!
I'm glad yall had a good time! I love Hilton Head! It's so awesome that you two still make time to do things like this! So many people seem to "forget" how important it is once they're married!
What a great restful vacation. I'm jealous! Glad y'all had a wonderful time. :)
Ahh!! looks like yall had a blast! I miss you much but am so glad that you got a chance to "run away" and have fun with your hubby :)
Lets get together soon....maybe for a bookclub?!?!? Love
YOu guys much needed the time away! Glad you had such a great time. My parents have eaten at Paula's restaurant too and loved it. Yum Yum!!! :)
so fun..miss u..need u..love u! see u this week? :)
Post a Comment