Sunday, August 10, 2008

Thoughts

It has been a challenging week but in the end I still know that God is good and his love and mercy endures forever.
I'm sitting here thinking about what I want to say and its hard to put it into words so I think I will copy the idea from my friend and list the things that I am thankful for this week. I think this would probably be the best thing to do after such a week of hard revelations. So here I go.

I am thankful

1. that the Lord has giving me some incredible friends that want to grow in Christ with me and wants to learn what he wants to teach us

2. that those same friends and I are learning that we can be ourselves around each other no matter what and we will not be judged by the things that we say or do.

3. that I have a husband that loves me like Christ loves the church.

4. that Jesus rescued me from a life full of sin with his blood when he died on the cross for me.

5. that the Lord reminds me everyday that the devil is a liar and we have to be guarded at all times.

6. that I can go back to the friends who were there when I was first pulled out of the fire and still speak life into me but tell me at the same time how much I have grown even if I haven't talked to them in weeks or months. Those kind of friends you can always pick up where you left off

and most of all I am thankful

7. for Amazing Grace

I want to leave you with a verse from this old hymn who's words penetrate so deep within me. Even though you may have said these words a million time, read them like you are reading them for the first time and let them soak into you because no matter where we are we need Gods Amazing Grace.

Amazing Grace!
How sweet the sound that saved a wretch like ME!
I once was lost BUT now am found
Was blind but now I see

Twas grace that taught my heart to fear,
And grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first BELIEVED.

These are the things I am most thankful for. I challenge you this week to find out what God wants for your life and not what you want for your life because when we live our lives the way we want to live them instead the way God wants us to live, it always ends up a mess. Let him rescue you and show you His Grace. Love you all who read this blog and I am praying for you.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I may have to copy you and write a thankful list. Thanks for sharing. I so easily forget to focus on what I'm thankful for instead of what I'm not. You owe me an email! :)

Anonymous said...

I love you girl. That's all. :)