OK, I have to say, I did not come up with the title of this blog by myself. A friend of mine told me to use it since she couldn't. So anyway, I just had to clarify that.
I just had the most amazing weekend/Monday and I owe it all to the the Lord. He blesses me more than I ever deserve but I am certainly glad. The weekend started off going to a Clemson game with my hubby. Its that time of year, every home game we are there. Then we drove up to Asheville for a romantic getaway for our 4 year Anniversary at the Grove Park Inn. It was THE nicest place we have ever been to. So the blessings begin. When we get to the Inn, I made sure that we were on the fourth floor, newly decorated room since paying $800 a night was not really in the budget for the really nice rooms. The guy at the front desk said no ma'am we actually upgraded you and your husband to the Club Floor for your anniversary! How awesome is that. Praise God. I seriously felt like it was a gift from the Lord to us celebrating our marriage. When we get to our floor there was a man there to greet us and welcome us to our room. It goes without saying when we got to our room we had an incredible view of the Blue Ridge Mtns, a beautiful room with our dream bathroom, free food morning and night and our own concierge! We were in heaven.
Sunday we went to my Memaw and Aunts church and my heart was so full when I left there. We were so glad we went because you could just feel the presence of God in that church. After church we spent a whole day at the most amazing spa you have ever seen. Everything you could possibly imagine in a spa was there. Then we sat outside and had dinner at the Sunset Grille and watched the sunset,it was an amazing view and perfect temperature. This morning I actually got up at 645am to go watch the sun rise over the mountains while eating some breakfast with my wonderful husband, all in my pajamas. I say this because those of you that know me, know I am not up at 645 ever, not even for work and especially on my birthday and only day to sleep in. All that to say the whole weekend was just great.
To top it off, which leads me to more of Gods blessings, my bestie Brooke had a birthday celebration for me and my friend Katie (Kdub) since we ironically share the same birthday. She cooked a scrumptous meal, set a beautiful table with gifts and cards and had the yummiest red velvet cake. You are the best! It was a blessing to me just to have time with friends. One weird thing, I just had to throw this in, is Brooke and my other friend K-Ra (this is another Katie) we had to separate the names somehow, anyway they got me the same exact card! How crazy is that!
So, the weekend couldnt have been anymore perfect and tonight couldnt have either except if all of my friends could have been there, but that just wasn't possible but I wish it could have been. Love you all and we will celebrate together sometime in the future :)
Here are some pictures below from the weekend.
So, the weekend couldnt have been anymore perfect and tonight couldnt have either except if all of my friends could have been there, but that just wasn't possible but I wish it could have been. Love you all and we will celebrate together sometime in the future :)
Here are some pictures below from the weekend.
Our Anniversary Dinner 4 Years Yay!
This is why they call it the Blue Ridge Mtns
My Family
Me and My Memaw
The Birthday Girls
Brooke, K-Ra, K-Dub, & Me
My Identical Cards
The Gang, Had To Take This One Twice, KDub Couldn't Get The Squat Down :)
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! A little late. I'm ashamed I didn't know. It looks like you had a great weekend. I'm so jealous of your time at Grove Park. Every time Stan and I visit Asheville we walk around and talk about staying there 'someday'. I'll just live vicariously through you. :)
That was me, I forgot I was messing with my profile and my name was weird.
That's so great! I'm glad you had an amazing time!! Happy late birthday by the way!! I didn't even know! :) Anyways, I'm glad it was so memorable and I can't wait to see you next month!
thank you for sharing with me...love
Looks like you had an amazing weekend! Hope you felt special every moment of it because you are!
Yay girl! I am soooo glad your b-day and anniversary was so blessed and fab!!!
Sarah
Post a Comment