I want to tell you by far the BEST was this weekend, at a conference, meeting a truly super wise woman of God, Kay Arthur, founder of Precept Ministries. This woman is 74 years old (she doesn't look it from the picture) she came to know Christ at 29 years old and has studied and taught the bible in depth for 40 years. She teaches you how to discover God and Truth for yourself, so that we may know Him and know how to live Holy as He was Holy. Last time I saw Kay was in Atlanta amongst 20,000 woman if that tells you anything. I was so nervous meeting her which sounds stupid I know because she is just a person. I walked up to her and told her I was nervous meeting her, she took me in her arms and hugged me. I told her how much she has inspired a young person like me who is bold by nature and wants people to hear the truth as much as she does. She grabbed my arm and said "I am so proud of you". As we grow in our journey, it is important to have woman like Kay to encourage us in the right direction and there just aren't enough of them. She signed my bible and gave me a challenge which I am going to try my hardest to hold up for His Glory!
Me and Kay
The other neat thing was I got to meet country artists Taylor Swift and Rascal Flatts this week. That is the perk of having a husband in the business for so long, you get to meet a lot of people. We went on Taylors bus, just me and Jimmy and another guy. As soon as I walked on, I was first, tall thin Taylor engulfs me in a hug and is just as humble and sweet as can be. She is only 18 and already so successful but so grounded. It was really neat, we got to just sit there and talk to her like a friend without the cattle call meet and greets. The same with Rascal Flatts, it was very intimate. The concert was a blast, they both put on a great show. Here are some pics from the show. (to see more pictures click on My Photos on the right hand side of my blog)
Me and Taylor Swift
Me and Jimmy with Rascal Flatts
Kdub and Me at the concert
Me and the Hubs
4 comments:
Ahh thanks so much for everything this weekend! It was so great getting to see you and Jimmy! I am so jealous that you met Kay Arthur AND Rascal Flatts! But happy for you :) I hope to see yall soon!
Sounds like such a great time. KA is such a wise lady. I know it was awesome. Wish I could have gone too...maybe some day. :)
Hi -- its Lora, i told you at the reunion I'd write, lol.
Okay, first off Kay does not look 74 at all, I would've guessed 54! So cool to meet those people -- looks like a blast! My friends hubby is in the band for RF, its cool to think of 6 degrees of separation like that :)
i love this commenting without you knowing its me...
also can i say ps: i still chuckle a little thinking about kay signing your bible. i know i didnt tell you i thought that was really cute and kinda weird but it was both and part of why i actually adore you! Love.love.
Post a Comment