Friday, January 16, 2009

Every Now and Then......

You just need to take a day off. Today was that day for me. I called my boss, said I have made a decision that I need to be relaxing my body at the house. I felt like I was getting a little stressed last night and could really feel it in my body and the baby. Don't want to do anything to mess that up. I love my job and my boss who is so understanding and says to me "Amanda I told you, you and that baby come first before anything." I mean how many bosses say that. I thank God that hard work pays off and that He has placed me in an environment that cares.

What did my day off look like? First off I didn't sleep in because ever since I got pregnant I ha vent been able to sleep real good like Ive always done. Sleep has never been an issue for this soon to me momma. I thought this preparation from God came at the end of the pregnancy, not the beginning. I did read somewhere that your hormones can cause you to be restless. Looks like I am going to turn into an early riser like my mom and husband after all. They never thought the day would come.

So back to what I did. I ate a bowl of honey nut Cheerios with fresh strawberries in it and watching the details of the "Miracle on the Hudson" on the Today show. They had really good coverage. A friend of mine was on that plane which made it so much more real and interesting than it already was. I swear being pregnant magnifies things like this. Tears were rolling from my eyes as I saw my friend on national TV hugging 2 other guys!!

I went to lunch with my sweet friend Brooke and chatted about life and solved its problems and praised its goodness and talked about the exciting things to come! She helped me understand how introverted peoples minds work because I'm not one. That was eye opening.
Now I am home relaxing, waiting for my awesome husband to come home so we can chill tonight. We have a real exciting women's conference to be at tomorrow morning where he is leading worship and I am introducing an incredible mentor of mine to the stage to speak. Best of all, there are 8 of us coming from our girls group that don't go to the church. It going to be a great time.

Sorry if I bored you with my day, just trying to write more and keep up. Ill write something more inspiring later. Love to all and have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Not boring at all! It sounds wonderful. Even the Honey Nut Cheerios sound fabulous to me. I may have to splurge (they are kinda pricy here) cause that is one of the first things that has sounded appetizing to me in a long while. What a blessing to have such an awesome boss! :)

Anonymous said...

i finally got around to commenting on your blog! i loved spending a part of your day off together. it's so fun having u as a friend! u need to start writing more on the blog!! :) love u friendsister!

Jen Brewer said...

I love reading your posts, do it some more! We need to have lunch or something sometime. After this week I'll be more free...at least that is the hope. Yes, we can be preggos together at the pool. I will also pass off my too small maternity clothes to you...soon..unfortunately ;o)...mmm. cheerios....