Thursday, February 26, 2009

Random Thoughts From Amanda

Hope all who reads this is doing well. I'm just going to stop apologizing for not writing for a while because I think that is getting old by now :) These are just some updates from the Smith house.

1. Baby Update -- I go in for my 20 week appt on Wed March 4th. Only 5 more days!! I can hardly wait. We should find out the gender when we go in this time. I have been feeling the baby pretty often, little kicks here and there and the other day when I was having lunch with my friend Brooke, I was leaning over and "Baby Chandler" basically pushed me off. It was so weird, it didn't like me leaning over on it.


2. This Sunday is Jimmy's last day leading worship at Dutch Fork. It is bitter sweet for him because he is doing what God is calling him to do but that doesn't always mean you are excited about leaving where you are. He will be doing what God called him to do several years ago and that is helping multiple churches. Our home church is now Awaken Church, an incredible new plant that has a heart for reaching the lost and our city.


3. Me and my girlfriends had our second annual girls trip to Asheville. It was pretty awesome. Good friends, beautiful view, good food, downtown window shopping, long talks. The best part was the time Brooke and I got to spend with God. We spent pretty much the whole time we had left with God and it was unbelievable how he spoke to us. I cant describe the feeling when you spend time with God and he speaks directly to you. Amazing


4. This is a fun filled weekend for me. Tomorrow, mom and I are going to see Kenny Rogers. YAY!!!!!! by now I'm sure you know he is my all time favorite. I cant wait. Saturday mom is coming back for the weekend and we are going to see our nephew Patrick Davis perform with some incredible song writers to raise money for the local high school. Sunday, Jimmy's last worship service for a while. I'm excited to spend time with mom and hubby.


5. I belong to the most incredible small group ever. Girls chasing after God. check out our blog at http://www.girlsonajourney.com/ If you are wanting to start getting into the word, read with us. It is for our group to keep up with our reading and comment on what we get out of the reading but also for someone who cant be at group but wants to read the bible with someone. Come along with us.


6. I just have to say I am really excited about my up coming baby showers in May and June. I know it is a few mths away but its still fun to think about. Also thinking about decorating the nursery is exciting. Should be starting this soon.


Lots of good stuff going on. All good.

Me and My Girlies in Asheville

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! you wrote!!!

What a great start to 2009 we've had!!

I'm so excited for the rest of the year..it's sure to be exciting!

Love you,
Brooke