Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Seek and You Will Find

I was so encouraged by what the Lord revealed to me in his word today. My prayer everyday is Lord, give me understanding and tell me which way to walk because I do not want to take one step without you. Sometimes I feel like he is not answering or he is standing still. Often times I don't feel his presence. This can be frustrating to a believer because you wonder if he is there and listening. Today my prayer was Lord is this normal that I don’t feel like I am hearing from you, I don’t want anything that I am doing to keep your word from being living power inside of me. He quickly spoke to me today in two ways. This is what he spoke to me first:

Proverbs 2:1-11

1 My child, listen to what I say,
and treasure my commands.
2 Tune your ears to wisdom,
and concentrate on understanding.
3 Cry out for insight,
and ask for understanding.
4 Search for them as you would for lost money;
seek them like hidden treasures.
5 Then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD,
and you will gain knowledge of God.
6 For the LORD grants wisdom!
From his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
7 He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest.
He is a shield to those who walk with integrity.
8 He guards the paths of the just
and protects those who are faithful to him.
9 Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair,
and you will find the right way to go.
10 For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will fill you with joy.
11 Wise choices will watch over you.
Understanding will keep you safe.

This was so encouraging! It was like he was saying right back to me, continue to cry out for insight and understanding and I will grant them to you. If I will continue to seek him with all of my heart, mind and soul, I will then understand the right way to go. The second thing he spoke to me was through a discussion with Jimmy on his bible study this morning on the book The Power of Praise. He told me as he was reading he thought about me. It was saying that we can not let our feelings lead us in our relationship with God. We can not let our feelings determine how mature we are in our walk either. We determine our walk by our faith, believing that truth never changes and that means Gods word never changes. So even when we aren't feeling like God is there or feeling the move of God through a scripture doesn't mean anything about our walk with Christ or that he is not hearing us or speaking to us. What an amazing revelation today. I love how God speaks to us. Jimmy had no idea my struggle with this and he had no idea my prayers or what God spoke to me, yet when we came together it all made sense. I tell you all of this in hopes to encourage you as well. If you feel like the Lord is standing still then continue to seek him even more. Don't rely on your feelings either. God is always there and truth never changes. When you are in his word it will never come back void. My commentary says we gain wisdom from a constant process of growing. Continue to seek him in that process and you will see how he changes your life. Love to you all!

4 comments:

Maria Owens said...

I love it! When a child of God finally comes the point that faith is not based on whether we're "feeling" God, but on the fact that HE IS, then that child has moved to a totally new level of growth and faith. We believe because He is TRUTH, not because we feel good. Bless you, sweet sister! You are using these days of quiet before your baby girl as the gift God intended them to be. Love you! Maria

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Amazing word from your SPIRIT, girl!! Loved it! Love you! Diane

Anonymous said...

Your words are encouraging and you also make me proud for consistently seeking His will for you life. :) Love, Mom

Bloggerguyatlarge said...

Amazing how God knits all things together for His glory. I love what God is doing in your life and I'm SO glad you're my wife. (I didn't mean for that to rhyme.)

Jimmy