Thursday, May 28, 2009

Baby Girl Update

Well, we are at 31 weeks 4 days now. It's really getting close fast! Went to the Dr yesterday and everything looks great. Although we are sort of joking that our baby has a big head :) She is measuring 2 weeks ahead. We go back and forth on who she gets that from. I guess it just means she is going to be smart and that is definitely after Jimmy. The legs and arms are measuring at exactly 31 weeks so he said she will be normal size which made me happy. Hopefully she will be taller than me. I was getting a little freaked out because all of these random people would say "you are having a boy" because you are carrying low and out which is totally a myth. I'm thinking to myself it better not be or he is going to be wearing girl clothes and sleeping on pink sheets. The Dr told me twice it was a girl through ultrasound but I finally saw it with my own eyes yesterday so I'm am very confident it is not a boy!
I will have to say I have had a great pregnancy and feel great. We are praying for the same ease during labor. I've been selfishly praying that I don't go into labor in the middle of the night so I can get a full nights sleep since I am someone who needs 9 to 10 hours sleep. I know I know that is all going to change with a baby, I am fully aware but I just thought maybe God would grant me this one request since it's going to be a long few hours or he may do even better and give me a quick labor. Just be praying :)
The nursery is pretty much done except for the finishing decorating touches on the walls. I have my second shower coming up this weekend with my family so I am super excited about seeing everybody. We finally decided on a name. It is going to be Naomi Chandler. It was the original name we picked out a long time ago so we decided to stick with that. Naomi means beautiful and pleasant and it is a biblical name about a woman with an incredible story of strength and about a faithful woman of God, Ruth that wanted to follow her where ever she went. To me that says a lot about who Naomi in the bible was. I pray our little girl will grow up strong in the Lord so much so that people will want to follow her too because her life seeks Christ. Chandler is a name that Jimmy has always loved, it just means candle maker :) but it is a family name so that is why we chose that name.
That's really it for now. I go back in 3 weeks for another check up. It is going to be here before we know it.

Me at 31 weeks


This is a profile pic from yesterday. Its a little hard to see because there is a light spot near the lip but its pretty cool

4 comments:

Rachel said...

I love the name! Naomi has always been one of my favorites! I'm so glad things have gone so well for you...I will definitely be praying for an easy labor and delivery. Now I just want to see some nursery pics! :)

Michelle said...

You look absolutely beautiful and adorable!! So happy to hear that things are going well. I love the name - JD's sister's name is Naomi Ruth. Good luck with the reat of the pregnancy - you're right - it will fly by!

reddchurch said...

your belly is sooooo cute!

Bloggerguyatlarge said...

I'm an idiot or I'm blind... that ultra sound photo looks like nothing to me... lips? I can't even make out a head on that girl :)