Friday, October 12, 2007

The Blazing Furnace

"If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. But even if he doesn't, Your Majesty can be sure that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up." Daniel 3:17-18
Man, when I read that verse it just has spiritual attitude and power. Do you know what I mean?
"Your Majesty can be sure that we will never serve your gods" (emphasis mine)

I want to talk about this verse because I learned a couple of interesting things from the Beth Moore bible study, Daniel that I want to share with everyone.

Consider three different scenarios when people of God face a fiery trial (these scenarios are the words of Beth Moore and she used the example of cancer)

A. We can be delivered from the fire. ---- Dividend? Our faith is built
This is when God just completely delivers us from what we are going through and our faith is built up to really believing God for what he can and will do

B. We can be delivered through the fire --- Dividend? Our faith is refined
This is where he may still allow us to go through the trial but He is with us until the end. When we come out we will be refined like a diamond
John 11:4 says but when Jesus heard about it he said, "Lazarus's sickness will not end in death . No, it is for the glory of God. I, the Son of God, will receive glory from this."

C. We can be delivered by the fire into His arms
Hebrews 12:1-2 says Therefore since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress. and let us run with endurance the race that God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish. He was willing to die a shameful death on the cross because of the joy he knew would be his afterward. Now he is seated in the place of highest honor beside Gods throne in heaven.

I found these scenarios interesting because it really is one of those 3 things that can happen.
What are we going to do to stay strong no matter which scenario God decides he wants to allow in our life at that time? Most of us are so scared of scenario C because of our minds inability to grasp what awaits us, which is why she references Hebrews 12 1-2. Jesus knew what awaited him.
Do you ever ask yourself the question, if it really came down to it, what god would I serve to get the result I want for my life? Would you bow down and serve another god besides Jesus?
It's something to think about.
I want my prayer to be that I would have the supernatural strength that Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego had.Here were three people being threatened with the worst painful death you can imagine and still they stood up with powerful faith and confidence and still said we will NEVER serve your god. I dont know about you but that speaks volumes to me.

One last thing that I learned that I know one day I will be able to use and some of you may need these word now. Sometimes God will allow us to go through a fiery furnace of tribulation or difficulty to free us from an area of bondage. (wow) Know that we will not be burned but our bondage will be. Allow God to free you from whatever it is that is holding you back from being all that he wants you to be.



.

2 comments:

JandK Walters said...

This is so wonderful and crazy because seriously just yesterday my mom walked me through this same teaching that she learned in the Daniel study also. As she was telling me I remember how much this part touched my heart a couple of months ago. The lord is def. putting this in fromt of me again. Thank you! K

Anonymous said...

THis part was an awesome revelation to me as well when I did the study. I just thought - WOW! She always seems to have a way of painting a picture for you to so clearly understand. Thank you!