Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Real Life

Have you ever thought to yourself what is real life?
I just want to put down some thoughts from a conversation I had tonight with my encouraging friend Brooke. We were discussing this during our weekly get together for the Daniel study we are doing.
The question was what is real life in your opinion?
I have 2 views when asked this question. The world view and the Godly view. You decide what is more important. My first one is what I believe to be "real life" and at the same time struggle to live that life. Real life is being able to put the things of this world behind you, giving up some things and focusing on the eternal goals, and the things of God without throwing a fit about it. Do you know what I mean by fit? Without a temper tantrum. I can honestly say that I am a complete brat when it comes to sacrificing some things. I do it because I know that God wants me to but I have not yet mastered the happy heart part. I'm working on. That's why I call my blog A Work In Progress. The point I am trying to make is (and Ill have to give some props to Brooke for helping me think of this) that we cant live our life trying to get to the next level according the world, more money, bigger house, better position in career. Those are all great but when you get to what you think is the top, where do you go from there.
We are never going to be happy until we can view real life as growing spiritually, developing a fully devoted life the the Lord, being a Godly woman/man or Godly husband/wife, knowing if I lost everything today that I have that eternal peace and hope that God promises each and every one of us, but that is not enough. We have to CHOOSE to want that. This life is not to see how much money we can make or what kind of name we can make for ourselves. It is about saving the lost and helping create a higher place in heaven for ourselves so that when we leave this world and all the money,cars,houses,clothes,movies,food, etc is gone we will have that place in heaven with God. Will you choose the Godly view or the worldly view and more importantly which one will you live?

4 comments:

JandK Walters said...

i love this and seriously we have to meet together soon for book club because every time I read your blogs I either have or am about to write the same thing. seriously. I really am not copying you we just think that much a like, thats kind of a sweet little gift!! Love ya! K

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about this ever since you wrote it (and we talked about it). I think I've got it figured out what 'real life' is for me. Boy is it different than if you would have asked me a year and a half ago. Real life is being content is any circumstance, and having pure abiding joy. It is so easy to be happy when things are going great - we have $$ in the bank account, marriage is happy, I have good friends, but if any of these were taken away, I still want to be able to praise Him. Love ya girl!!

Anonymous said...

I did read this before. Just checking to make sure I am caught up! Good thoughts on sorting through the "real life". Had a great time tonight by the way! Thanks! Love ya!

JandK Walters said...

Hey I am trying you all day are you pretending to be me, Call me tomorrow at work if you can. Love you! K