So if you are reading this and live in SC, then you know the SC State Fair is in town.
I love going to the Fair for one to eat! Tonight I ate, a funnel cake, roasted corn on the cob, shaved ice, candy apple and a bite of a corn dog oh and fried mushrooms! I am stuffed, but it was goooooood!!
I also like to people watch. Now be honest, you know that we all make our judgements about the fair and most of us love to people watch especially. That is okay as long as you can keep the mind frame that God loves ALL people. God shows up at the Fair too.
Tonight we went to the Mercy Me concert. If you have never been to a Mercy Me concert I highly encourage you to go next time they come through your town. It is always a worshipful experiance!
All I could think about besides My God and how great the songs they do are is man this is LOUD and I know the people outside those gates can hear it. I was hoping that someone who didnt know Jesus would listen to what was going on where we were and want more of it.
The song that touches me the most is a pretty new song called bring on the rain and it goes well with the Blog I wrote last night. Here are the words.
I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise you with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in you
Maybe since my life has changed
Long before these rainy days
Its never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on you oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times
So I pray
Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings you glory
And I know there'll be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that what it takes to praise you
Jesus bring the rain
I am Yours regardless of
The clouds that may loom above
Because You are much greater than my pain
You who made a way for me
By suffering your destiny
So tell me what's a little rain
Holy Holy Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
I dont know about you but these words can be hard to say. Whatever it takes to praise you, bring on the rain. I want to have the strength to pray this everyday but I have to be honest, I am a little scared about what rain he may bring. At the same time I see that I would never turn my back on God when it does come because he is my only shelter from the storm.
Just some thoughts I had tonight. Im sorry if I ramble but hopefully someone is inspired in some way.
When Anxiety Attacks
9 years ago
3 comments:
I often think fear is what brings people closer to God. It seems it takes complete brokeness for someone to realize they need God in their life. As you know I recently had the chance to share my testimony on my mission trip and as the words came out of mouth (words I did not prepare for) I saw it took me hitting rock bottom to sincerely ask God into my heart. For me my lowest point was utter loneliness. But without that moment I would not have seen all the beautiful rainbows God has stowed upon me since. So I see it as a blessing when Jesus brings the rain. To me a fearful moment is the chance to grow closer to God. I love you and all that you do. Rheagan
SO TRUE Amanda (and Rheagan too!). Its scary to ask for more faith sometimes because often it seems God must shake our world in order to refine our faith. Going through those times are not fun but afterwards so beautiful to see how you are stronger and could hold on to Him.
Hey baby... I thought we just met the Elephant Ear maker, but I'm glad to learn God was there too :)
Love you love the way God works in you!
Your hubby.
Post a Comment