Our God is one who gives and takes away. Today I learn of the God that takes away. We do not ever understand why he gives us certain things and why he takes certain things away, but I do know that no matter what, I have a God that I can praise even in the hard times because I know he has my best interests at heart. What is logical to us is not to God. Our God is not a God of reason like we are. Today I have to trust this more than ever. Today I get on my knees and just thank him for what I do have, an awesome godly husband who takes care of me, friends more perfect than I can ask for, a family that loves me no matter what, great jobs that allow me to be able to support my family and do things that I want to do and give back to him more abundantly. Today my heart is sad but I will rejoice because his word tells us - though the sorrow my last for the night,
his joy comes in the morning! Praise be to the God that lives up to his promises. My day will come this I know!
4 comments:
Amanda, I am praying for you and your husband...and stand in awe of your ability to 'praise Him in the storm'. Much love, Debbie
The storms of life make us stronger. You inspire me to continue to praise Him in those times. Let me know of ways I can specifically pray for you.
Thank you for sharing your heart with us last night! It was such an inspiration to see your strong yet humble spirit speak words of truth and integrity! I have so much to learn from you!
Girl, know that I love you and Jimmy. Your optimism is amazing. I will be praying for you guys during this season and just want you to know how thankful I am for you in my life and how much you teach me daily. Love You. Michelle
Post a Comment