Friday, May 2, 2008

Follow Up

So I have wanted to write this since last Sunday but life has been busy. This is a follow up to the last blog I wrote. Something that bothered me. At the concert I watched as everyone cheered and held up their hands in the air or trying to touch whoever was singing at the time including myself and those around me. Fast forward a few hours and there we are standing in a church where we are suppose to be giving our all to God, 10x more than at the concert and I look around and watch the same people with their hands in their pockets. Why do we not get pumped up when we go to church like we do to a concert or fly car flags going to church like we do a football game? I mean we are rooting for a team right, team GOD! So anyway, it really did bother me but I know I cant really change anybody I can only change myself. I just felt sad that God is not getting the same reaction from us as Kenny Chesney and Keith Urban are. That's all.

6 comments:

JandK Walters said...

you are so cute and I think you just said team God. I love you and Im with you all the way- we def. all were made to worship and we do but not always the creator. I want to make sure he gets my full on concert syle, unabandoned worship too- i will join you in this sister. K

Anonymous said...

Preach it girlfriend! I am so with you on this one. I've always wondered why people get so hyped up at sports games and concerts and then worship like that. Thanks for the boldness to say it! Love you!

Rachel said...

You are so right! I struggle with it, especially at concerts of Christian artists. We think cause they are Christian it's different--but it's the same. Most of the time we are cheering for the people and not out GOD. Next time I'm in corporate worship (it's unfortunately been a while b/c of our current situation) I will think of your words. I want to worship God as if He were the only concert I will ever have the chance to go to!

sluadzers said...

Amanda,
I can't beleive we didn't talk about this. I was thinking the same thing standing right next to you. Sorry it's taken me so long to check out your blogspot. I need to create one of these. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing and disappointed and even sorrowful that those in the audience were raising their arms with opened hands up to the air as if to worship the singers but they are not Lord. And this is probably a judgement and not correct, but I suspected that many of those I saw would not be going to church the next morning like you and I did. Again, probably a judgement call on my part b/c you and went to church and we were at the concert, so it's possible they did as well, but I surely didn't see a lot of good behavior coming from some of the audience members.
The next day in church, the pastor made mention of the concert and how people started preparing for the concert and tailgating early in the day into the wee hours of the night-why aren't we doing that for God? Right on!!!!

Anonymous said...

you are the cutest thing since my daughter!!! Love reading your blog-please keep on writing.

inthemiddleoflife said...

Hey Amanda,
I agree 100%, but you should come to one of our 1st Wednesday worship times...then you'll experience MORE than a rock concert. Seriously, it's the first Wed of every month at 7pm. We have a guest room if Rheagan doesn't have room. We'll have a worship party! Love, Debbie