Monday, June 22, 2009

What a Week

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.
I have to say last week was one of the hardest weeks I have ever been through. With that said I know there are people that have been through a whole lot worse and everyday to keep from going insane I was praising God for what was happening to us and that it was not worse. I put this verse in here because honestly I should have been hanging on to it with every fiber of my being but it did not hit me again until this morning during my quiet time. Let me bring you up to speed. Last week Jimmy I discovered that there was something living in our bedroom that decided to bite on us. Was it a spider, bed bugs, red bugs? We had no clue. It was very unusual because we never see bugs in our house. Did we bring it in from the woods or what? We just knew whatever it was had to go. We had two different companies come check it out, one said one thing and one said another. To make this very long story short, Jimmy and I had to move into a hotel for three nights and have our entire house fumigated. I was not taking any chances on whatever it was sticking around. Keep in mind, I am eight months pregnant and as far as I am concerned something is disturbing my house and of course the hormones decided to kick in a few days before which made it worse. We had to remove every single piece of clothing in our entire house out of the house and wash it before we could bring it back in just in case. You can not imagine how stressful it was to do this. We literally had to pack every shirt, pant, underwear, sock, towel, and sheet into a trash bag and move it out. This included my entire nursery that was completely done so that I had nothing to do but rest until the baby came. Thanks to our local cleaners they did everything for us. We just had to continue thanking God for providing for us so that we could even afford to have that done. It was their biggest order to date if that tells you anything. My poor husband was so worried about me having to sit at a laundry mat for days washing and folding laundry being pregnant. While I tried to stay calm about not being able to live in my home, and the anxiety of all we had to do, the stress got to me a little and I had to go to the hospital one night last week to get fluids and a shot to stop some contractions I was having. Everything was fine and I am glad I went because honestly I needed to get some fluids in me. We are finally back in our home with the nursery put back together and slowly getting the other rooms back together as well. I will have to say that our house and clothes are cleaner than ever. With all of this said, we know that God was in it and continuing to praise him in the storm and learning the lesson was our main goal. We have definitely learned a lot. A few of those things are that Jimmy and I work really well together under stress, that God sustains us not matter what and that we are stronger than we think. I believe when the baby comes he will still remind me that if you can do that, you can do this. I also love how he used this situation to bring Jimmy and I closer together. So that is where we have been the last week. Back to Proverbs 3, when things like this happen, it is so important that we lean not on our own understanding because we will go crazy if we do but to trust in the Lord. I know this is easier said than done sometimes and those who heard me in constant tears this last week can understand that the emotion will be there, which I have had to learn is normal but at the core I have to lean on Christ who understands even when I don’t. Needless to say I am glad Its Monday.

On a brighter note, I am proud to say that my best friend Brooke took our maternity pictures about a week ago and they are up on her blog which you can check out If you have not already at www.brooketurnerphotography.com/blog. She is the best photographer I know and Im not just saying that because she is my friend. I am amazed by her work everyday. Below is one of her favorites and mine too!



What a sweet picture. Only 5 weeks to go from today! Of course that is to my due date but who knows what day I will actually deliver. I am hoping I go a couple weeks early :) I have been so blessed with this pregnancy being so easy. I still feel good, my stomach is a little cramped so I have a hard time eating and drinking a lot but other than that all is well. We cant wait to meet little Naomi, it is going to be such an awesome addition to our family and having a girl couldnt be a more perfect gift from God.

2 comments:

kellybollman said...

oh my heavens, i cannot even believe you had to do all of that. ugh. I am so glad that part is over!!! And I'm grateful with you for the lessons that came with it. wow :)

Anonymous said...

God is so good. This was just our personal tragedy. We understand others go through much worse every day. We are so grateful that God spared us from more than he could have allowed... He is so awesome that way.