Monday, June 29, 2009

Getting Real

Today I am 36 weeks and the count down is on. I told Jimmy the other day that if she comes 2 weeks early she will be here in 2 weeks! Its just crazy. Our life is about to change drastically but for the better. Sometimes we have these real flash pictures in our head about her being here already and it is really weird. I wish I could snap my fingers and she just be here because I have to tell you I am a little nervous about the labor and delivery. I ask that you would just start praying that everything goes smoothly and that I am able to have her naturally and that nothing crazy would happen to where I would need a c-section. Also pray for my anxiety and nerves.
So lets see, so far this pregnancy has been super easy, no problems. I cant even complain about anything except maybe a little acid indigestion every now and then and i fill really full most of the time now because everything is squished in there. I am going to be so ready to eat a huge meal as soon as she comes out and my stomach goes back to its original place. I did tell Jimmy I didn't think I would get to the point of wanting this over with but I wouldn't mind at this point to go ahead and have her. I told him God should have made it 8 mths because that last mth you are just ready. I go back to the Dr on Wednesday for my weekly appt. He will do an ultrasound and just make sure I am on the right track. Everything is back to normal at our house after the small bump in the road so the nursery is put back together. We still need to hang a couple of things which we need to do quickly or else it will be like our bedroom where we just hung our first picture after 2 years. Jimmy is really anxious to get the hospital bag packed, it is really cute. I am working on that today and he is going to get the carseat in and make sure all is okay with that.

In closing I just have to give a shout out to my wonderful husband who I believe is the best in the world. He has been the greatest partner through all of this. I couldn't ask for a more Godly, loving, thoughtful, concerned, husband. I just know he is going to be the best daddy ever and I can not wait to see the first time he looks at her. It is going to be so sweet. He already loves her so much. His favorite thing to ask right now is "how are my girls" :) Its so cute. I love being "his" girls. I just believe with all of my heart that God knew exactly what we needed when he gave us this baby girl. I cant imagine it being any different already. I am so glad I have him to walk this journey with, I would not want it any other way.

2 comments:

Bloggerguyatlarge said...

Amazing how your openness, directness and honesty speaks so softly about your persona and who you are. I love you and I know Naomi will have the best mother. I'm so proud of you. - your hubby

Anonymous said...

aaahh......made me cry to read your last paragraph! soooo sweet! love you! d