Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Life With A Miracle

I am about a week behind updating my blog and im sorry for all of you that have been waiting for pictures and an update.
It has been a very trying week for us. Taking care of a new baby is easy in my eyes with all of the other stuff we had to deal with out of the picture. Day 1 everything was perfect, day 2 was also perfect, and then on day 3, the day we thought we were going home we found out Naomi had Jaundice and a condition in her heart called VSD. That was the first day I really lost it in tears. The good news is the Jaundice went away which I wasnt worried about and on friday at her first pediatric appt the Dr came in with some good news that he was not worried about the hole in her heart at all. That very same day I went to the family Dr because ever since she was born I had been having some chest tightening. They did an EKG on me, didnt like what they saw and sent me immediately to the heart hospital down town to have extensive tests run. I spent 12 hours at the hospital away from my baby and scared to death that I had a fatal condition that is specific to pregnant women and women who have just had babies that is basically heart failure. After an EKG, Echo, 2 rounds of blood tests, chest xray, and cat scan, all reports came out good. Glory to God. I was starting to wonder for a min there. If that wasnt enough, Naomi started running a temp on Saturday and so we had to take her to the after hours clinic to make sure she was okay. We had to monitor her temp for 24 hours and she ended up being fine. This is why I have not been able to update my blog this week. With all of that said Jimmy and I did a lot of praying and had a lot of people praying for us. Praising God through the storm I will say is not always easy but it is necessary. We just kept thanking God that we were not at St Judes watching our child die of cancer or that we didnt have a 1lb baby that has to spend months is the hospital. What we went through was small compared to that.
I never knew that I could love something so much the way I love Naomi. Everyone tries to describe it to you but you dont understand until that day comes. It has been a joy having her around the house, she is just the cutest and best baby in the world :) She is so strong, she has long fingers and toes like Jimmy so I am hoping she will be tall. I think she may have blue eyes which I am really hoping for, she has my nose but Jimmys eyes. I know all of you want to see pictures so here they are
My Sweet Pea

Happy after her first bath

Family picture

6 comments:

Traci Theodore said...

You all look so beautiful and happy. I am so happy for you! You are going to be wonderful parents! I had the same 2 things that little Naiomi had when I was first born as well and never had any other issues with them. I know how hard it must have been, though. Keep strong! Love you lots and miss you!

Rachel said...

God is so faithful! I'm so glad that all is well. It's hard when we have so many trials thrown at us all at once. I'll be praying this next week goes smooth and is uneventful. :)

Leslie said...

I love the picture of her in the towel. It looks like she is waving!

kellybollman said...

I had no idea you guys went through so much! Naomi is just gorgeous!!! I'm so excited for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Naomi is so beautiful and our God is so good & faithful. I prayed all would go well for you, Jimmy and Naomi. Enjoy every moment of her because they grow up too fast. I'll continue to pray for you all.You have a big adjustment as a family of God, be stong and keep the faith.
Jeri Wms

reddchurch said...

i love the bath picture! adorable!