Sunday, June 15, 2008

My Jimmy


I have been preparing for this blog for a little while now because I wanted to give it much thought. Today is Fathers Day and at our church we call it Man Day. I figured what better day to celebrate and honor my man and what an incredible person he is. I know one day he will be a father and I cant wait to walk that journey with him because he is going to be an incredible Dad. This picture is Jimmy celebrating all of the hard work he and his team did to put together what they call Kenny Gate for the Kenny Chesney concert every year and as you can see from the crowd below they were certainly #1 that day. This is not one of his favorite pictures but I love it so I hope he doesn't mind me using it. So here I go with my list of reasons why my man is the greatest thing in the world. Lets see how many I can come up with.
1. He is the Godliest person I know which I think deserves the number one spot. Here's why..
2. He loves the Lord more than he loves me which is the way God intended it to be so that we can have a firm foundation for our marriage.
3. Every morning and I mean every single morning he prays over me before his feet even hit the floor.
4. He reads God's word every day to collect the truth and wisdom he needs to carry on through the day
5. He probably talks to God more than he talks to people throughout the day.
6. He ALWAYS tries to do whats right no matter the cost
7. He has a humble spirit, never wanting to take the credit for anything and when he does get it, he always gives the glory back to God
8. He is very discerning and I can always trust what he tells me about any situation because he nails it to a tee.
9. He is an incredible musician who plays guitar, piano, bass and also sings and writes music.
10.He can chart music after only hearing it by ear, that is amazing to me.
11. He is a human metronome--he can keep perfect time without the actual metronome(he even won an award for it) there are only a few people who have this ability, again amazed
12. He has incredible discipline in all areas of his life
13. He is the smartest man I know, he rolls numbers, scenarios, problems or whatever you can think of, over in his head until the right answer comes out.
14. He is a hard worker, not stopping until he gets it done but he is not a workaholic because he knows when to stop and never brings his work home. He is very good at separating work and home.
15. His heart is soft
16. He knows when to show his emotions and when to lay back, and he is not afraid of either.
17. He will give you the shirt off his back in a heartbeat
18. He is a great worship leader, knowing how to lead the congregation into worship time with God like no other
19. He has the most forgiving spirit because he knows Jesus died on the cross for our sins and forgiveness is the only reason we are even on this earth.
20. He is an incredible leader, I see people everyday that are drawn to him and want to be lead by him
21. I heard a statement this weekend as people were describing the incredible character of a well known news man Tim Russert that hit me about Jimmy was that he was tough, fair, and accurate. This is so true about Jimmy whether its in business for the world or business for God. I love this about him.
22. He is so encouraging to those around him, he really knows how to make you feel #1
23. His positive attitude is contagious to those around him.
24. He is a magnificent advice giver. You always know he is speaking truth and not just his opinion, and it is always based from God's word. When you are done talking to him about your issue somehow when you didn't want to talk about it in the first place, you feel refreshed and ready to conquer.
25. He is lovable and sensitive. If you are hurting, his heart is hurting for you.
26. Definitely the greatest cook. He can turn nasty leftovers into a gourmet meal. If you have had Jimmy's cooking, you know what I'm talking about.
27. He is the best card picker. Every holiday, anniversary, and birthday, I always have 3 or 4 cards, perfectly written outside and in
28. He is the best gift giver. Always listening and paying attention to hints about what you like, he will buy something that is memorable that would only mean the world to you.
29. There is not a day that goes by that he doesn't tell me that he loves me or that I am beautiful.
30. He speaks my love language of quality time even though his is affirmation. Its always hard to speak another persons love language. He is really good at it.
31. He shares his food with me even though I am stingy with mine.
32. He has traveled all over and opened my eyes to the world of traveling
33. He has very good etiquette whether hosting in our home, traveling, or taking care of others.
34. He always puts himself last and others first.
35. He is a very good care taker, especially if I'm sick.
36. He is really funny and witty which made him so successful on the radio for so many years. I don't laugh at his jokes but he still tries to get me to all of the time. I'm not a joke getter.
37. When I get mad he tries to imitate me so that I will laugh, that keeps me from getting even more mad.
38. Kids of every age whether they know him or not are drawn to him. I mean babies reaching out and kids running from across a field just for him to hold them. Its crazy. I think they can sense his sweet heart and spirit.
There are so many other things that I could probably put on here but it still doesn't describe what an incredible person my husband is. I could write a page on each one of these descriptions telling you story after story but you would be here for days. I hope this gives you a glimpse of how honored I am that God gave ME a man like this. I love you baby forever and ever. This one was for you.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dont forget he has made my best friend one of the happiest women I know and for that I have to agree with every desciption on your list, you da man Jimmy :-)
Happy mans day!

Jimmy "LJ" Smith said...

Somehow, I think if I comment on this blog, I might negate half the points you make about me. So, I'll humbly say, "thank you, and I love you too."

Rachel said...

I've never met Jimmy but I hope I get the privilege some day!

JandK Walters said...

and he knows how to pick an amazing wife who observes and recognizes all these things in him. i love u! and u jimmy.

Anonymous said...

Does he have a single brother?

Amanda said...

Dont know who is asking if he has a single brother but sorry no on that

Anonymous said...

aww what a sweet post!! i've got to second what katie says in he surely picked a good wife!

Callie Goodwin said...

Hey Amanda!
I hope I am able to meet you!
I just wanted to let you know...that what you read in the 2nd blog post about the car wreck and the counsulers...is not what my latest post is about..It is actually about someone who is very close to me...she is on they youth staff at our church...and well..she is quiting...it is very sad for all of us mostly because she has only been here for 2 years and in that short 2 years...I have grown really close to her, and she has become more like my mentor...
But thank you so much for reading my blog! Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Your blog for Jimmy made me cry, seriously. That was super sweet and loving of you to place on your front page for him. I am happy for the two of you and just know what great parents you two will be:)
Love,
Sarah