Sunday, June 22, 2008

Needing To Be Rescued

So I always hesitate for a minute when I know I am about to be vulnerable in fear of sounding stupid. I know there is no fear in God or in His love for me and the reason I usually do this is because I know there are others out there that feel the same at times. I figure if I write about it and uncover it God will cover it like he always seems to do. Ill start with an expression I heard the other night that describes how I have felt for the last couple of weeks. "This well is dry".
I thought to myself while taking communion at church this morning, one day this will all be over and I will live with Him forever with no struggles or frustration. But while I am here on earth I certainly want to develop in me a passion like no other for Him and everything that I am blessed to have in my life. I want to live so passionately for Him. Its hard becoming a Christian as an adult for me because I feel like I have to develop all of the things I didn't have as a child like discipline. It takes discipline to read his word every day and have quiet time and sit silent listening for His voice to guide you. I find when I try to do these things myself I get so frustrated to the point of screaming. "Why cant I make this a habit" "What is wrong with me" As I have grown in my faith I have realized that we need so much more than just saying I am a Christian. About 6 years ago when I wasn't even walking with the Lord but I had accepted Him into my heart, he spoke to me loud and clear and told me to move out to Oklahoma City. I didn't know why but I just did it. It was the best move I ever made. There He showed me how important it is to have solid accountability with those more spiritually mature than you, he showed me so many families that lived for Him in every thought, action, decision. I will have to say it has been very different here, I haven't had that accountability or the examples but as I sit here in this short season because I know I am going to come out of it, I realize He gave me that long season to show me what He wanted for my life and how He wants me to live. I know that He is just developing my character and revealing to me that I will always go through these dry spells but it's how I handle it that will get easier. I am looking so forward to Beth Moore this weekend. What a sweet time it is going to be with the Lord, my mom, and my closest friends who are growing in Christ with me. That in it's self pumps me up. Now that I have talked this out, I am going to go get in His word.
Lord Jesus, rescue me! Lift me up in your arms and make me whole. I know that I can not battle the things of this world without you but I am screaming for your help. Carry me, show me, strengthen me, make me into what you want. Let my thoughts not be selfish but be focused on what YOU want for my life. Lord, light my fire and give me a passion that is almost unbearable. Mold my heart with your perfect hands so that it will be like yours. Reveal your face to me, I want to relate to you in a way I never have before. I love you Lord. In Jesus name. amen.

7 comments:

JandK Walters said...

love, i cant wait for beth moore for you this weekend. i just left seacoast and had a sweet time of worship with him which was really needed. i love this blog and know sometimes it is the dicipline of the relationship and the day to day of loving him that is the joy and struggle. but sometimes we just need him to show up and pour out on us and fill that well. i know He will do this for you and I cant wait to dip into that well when you get back. my well is on the way back to full too and for today the little truth thats welling in me is to give things to him, all things- even the hard things. i am excited for that feeling of excitment so ill pray that for u and u pray for me the dicipline to walk in that daily. love.love. k

Anonymous said...

hey! you are right - we all definitely need rescue and isn't it so sweet that He is always right there calling to us and wanting to lift us up. these feelings/thoughts that you are having right now that your well is dry...well that is just the bridegroom saying "come to me, beloved". just go sit at his feet- choose the one good thing like Mary. it is so easy to get sidetracked..Lord knows i'm the worst. but this past week was just what i needed to just REST and sit at His feet with open ears and an open heart. I pray the same for you to because it truly is refreshment to the soul! I love you!

Anonymous said...

oh, and this weekend...it is going to be simply amazing!!!!

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel! I feel like I am coming out of a season of preparation that God used to teach me how important relationships are. He did this by allowing me to have some seemingly amazing ones and when they fell apart I had to go through a long period of healing. After that I just began to pray about relationships I didn't even have yet and he has showed me that that is His desire for me. I finally feel like that period is coming to an end and I am so thankful for that time so that I will be able to really treasure my relationships. It's crazy how God taught us the same thing in different ways! He tends to do that! :) This weekend is going to be great! I can't wait to meet you! I've heard so much about you!

Bloggerguyatlarge said...

Hey babe. Something you may not realize.... but you're more of a Godly woman in your DRY times than most people are in their harvest seasons. Don't let the dry spells dictate the opinions you have of yourself. Love ya!

Tara Rheagan Mckenzie Blackburn said...

You my sweet have Christ in your heart and in your thoughts and on your mind...and with that comes an everlasting, neverending, unconditional love that will never allow your well to run dry. I love you!

Gore Family said...

Ok I'm not sure If I told you this or not but the other night it actually thrilled my heart to hear your struggles - Ok that sounded kinda bad...but I meant that I am always so comforted around you because you are real, honest, and pretty much I can be assured that you are going to speak out loud my inner most fears and struggles. I love your honesty and trust me you are a blessing in my life!