Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sweet Heart


I have much to write about the incredible conference we went to this weekend but right now I need for you guys to pray for the family in this picture. Jimmy's nephew Rodger (left) was killed in a car accident at 2am this morning. This man has the sweetest heart you have ever known and he will be missed very much. After coming off an amazing spiritual high, I find this out early this morning and its one of those things you wonder why God? The truth is, His plan is so much bigger and is something that our minds cant even wrap around and we are just a small piece of that plan. So for whatever reason this young life was taken today, we have to have faith that God has a plan. Please pray for our family. There are 96 of us just in the immediate family and this is the first time in 66 years we have lost someone. Lord, we pray for your strength for Jean and Rusty as these great parents grieve the loss of a child. I pray you would give the peace that surpasses all understanding and most importantly you would use this for your good and your face would be revealed to anyone that may not know you. Roger, Uncle Jimmy and Aunt :) Amanda love you and I am going to miss your great hugs and sweet, bubbly face. We will see you again one day.

7 comments:

Tara Rheagan Mckenzie Blackburn said...

I'm praying for you girl!

Anonymous said...

I've been praying for you guys and will continue to do so! I feel so sad for yall's loss.

Anonymous said...

I found out yesterday, right before the church service. I don't know how Jimmy made it through-I was sobbing just thinking of his heart grieving as he was worshipping our Lord and Savior. God surely had Jimmy in the palm of His hand on Sunday. I'm glad you're back!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

You're in my thoughts every step of the way. When you see only one set of footprints, it's then that He is carrying you.

Gore Family said...

Praying for you and your family - book club is here if you need us! love

Anonymous said...

I am sorry. There's not much else I can say. Please let Jimmy know if he ever needs to just get away that the book club husbands...aka Josh & myself...are always here for him & would love to hang out with him anytime. We're praying.