Friday, June 6, 2008

Relationships

Relationships. Why do we need them? I have to be very honest and say I have struggled hard this week on this matter. You know how you always feel alone when you are going through something and then God totally confirms that there are several people around you going through the same thing. Within 24 hours of me talking about this struggle to my husband telling him how stupid and hormonal my feelings were, 3 other girls told me how crazy it was that they were struggling too. Back to my point, why do we need relationships (women especially)? I need relationships because I need people to just love on me, appreciate me, want to be around me. I crave that, I long for that. I love spending time talking and hanging out with my girlfriends and just having a really close bond. Sharing moments of joy,silliness, struggles, whatever. Maybe it was how I was raised.There are people out there that are very relational and those that are not. Neither one of them is wrong, that's just how it is. Me, I am very relational. I like to have people around me at all times. Like I said, I love hanging out with my friends or hanging out with my husband, right now we will stick with the friend thing though. I feel I reach out and reach out a lot and most of the time only a few people reach back. As I was thinking about this again on the way home tonight trying to figure out how to be content, I totally realized that God is doing this same thing with me. I felt like he was telling me, Amanda, this is what I do with you, I reach out and reach out and you don't turn my way as much as I need you too. God needs to be enough for me and again being honest, I don't know how to make him enough. That is probably a whole other Blog but, how do we get to the point in our lives where, if not one person called us back or came to see us, would God really be enough. I cant say I am there yet. I want to be but I am not. These are really deep and vulnerable thoughts here but I am not alone here, I know I am speaking to someone else out there. God needs to be enough. I think He has revealed that to me tonight and right now as I am typing. I love my friends more than anything and want them to be in my life as much as possible but it cant take over my world when I cant talk to them or spend as much time with them or miss out on something that I really didn't want to miss out on. This is my heart tonight. I hope someone can relate. With that said, I thank God that I am blessed to have a few good friends out there, I was in a real time of need recently and my girls were there while some people have no one.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, I might seem like I'm not there for you when you need me to be but I consider you one of my closest friends. I love you to pieces and I can SO relate to how you feel. I'm sorry if I have failed you in this area. :( We definitely need to get together within the next week or two. I miss you and want to hear all about your trip! Muah! I need you.

Gore Family said...

I can't believe I just read this post!! Somehow I skipped this one! Anyways I just wanted to confirm that those feelings are so real, and all around you! I feel that way so much more than I am willing to admit! Thanks for the honesty and humility! I really have been going through book club withdrawals lately so I am thrilled that we will be hanging out tonight!

JandK Walters said...

lovely i just want u to know we r the same..i have to have people and friends and people just like u who can make up silly dances and be honest about questions about prayer and talk openly about loving jesus and being a woman and all that goes w/ both of those! i love u

Anonymous said...

I have full faith that the two of us can come to a point in life where we need no other realationship than the one we have with our Lord. In the mean time, I hope that we learn to want realtionships but realize we dont have to have them. While working towards both of these seemingly impossible ideas I want you to know the realationship I have with you is one that I value more than all the rest (excluding my God and my husband). I am so thankful God has palced you and Jimmy in my life. I want you to understand that I love you more than you know, I apprecite all that you do, and I miss you being right down the street. Ever thought of moving to Chuck Town?